So If you follow me on twitter chances are you heard about my little mishap with hair dye 2 weeks ago. I didn’t end up with green hair or anything it just wasnt what I wanted. My saving grace was that the dye wasnt permanent! So I set about straight away trying to get the colour to fade as quickly as possible. I was discussing with a few of you about using a new product called Colour B4 but I really wanted to avoid this as I had my hair stripped before and it completely ruined my hair, actually one hairdresser said it KILLED my hair! And it took me two years to grow it out and in that time colour wouldnt properly take as my hair was that damaged. So I decided to go down a gentler road to get rid of the colour. So if you’re in the same situation here’s what to do:
- Head and Shoulders shampoo is really good for removing dye from the hair. I’ve been using it for the past two weeks now and its worked really well!
- Lather up your hair with shampoo and then leave it in for about 20 minutes (I suggest putting a shower cap on) and wash it out. I found that this removed loads of colour!
- The other thing that really worked for me was putting hot olive oil in my hair as a mask and then washing it out after an hour or so.
- As I mentioned above the Colour B4 product is there but I wouldn’t suggest it if you only put a semi in. Just persevere with the colour for a while. If you are going to go down that road make sure you stand test first!!!
- The key to getting colour out is to wash and condition your hair as much as possible and use as hot as you can stand water to rinse it out.